Progress aims to promote a radical and progressive politics for the 21st century. Founded in 1996, we are an independent organisation of Labour party members. Through our national and regional events and regular publications, we seek to promote open debate and discussion of progressive ideas and policies. Progress is chaired by John Woodcock MP.
Purpose of the role:
Progress seeks a director to lead the organisation in the run-up to the general election and beyond. You will have experience of devising, implementing and resourcing organisational strategies; working with senior politicians; managing staff and external stakeholders; and financial planning and budgeting.
- To set and oversee the political strategy of Progress, its events, publications and all other activities.
- To ensure the financial rectitude of the organisation.
- To manage external stakeholders, including the organisation’s chair, vice chairs and honorary president; the Progress strategy board; donors; and other interested parties.
- To recruit and manage Progress staff and deal with all personnel matters.
- To edit Progress magazine.
- To devise and oversee the organisation’s external communications.
£46,000 – £50,000 per annum
5pm, Monday 17 November 2014
How to apply:
Applicants should send a covering letter (two pages) and a CV (two pages) to jobs[at]progressonline.org.uk or alternatively post it to us at Progress, Waterloo House, 207 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8XD
We particularly welcome applications from women and groups under-represented in politics.