Progress is a monthly magazine and web platform that welcomes contributions from across the left, from both Progress members and non-Progress members.
If you’re keen to write an article on a political issue in the news, or if you want to publicise a successful progressive campaign, please get in touch.
To submit an article, send a summary of your idea (including the proposed length of the article), in no more than 300 words, to Progress editorial assistant Stefan Rollnick on email@example.com. We will aim to respond within 24 hours.
We want to help inspire the next generation of centre-left writers. If you want to chat about writing for Progress, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Email editorial assistant Henna Shah – henna[at]progressonline.org.uk.
Recommendations from Progress editors
- If you want to write an article about a subject that’s in the news, make sure you submit your idea while the news story is still relevant.
- We want to publish original perspectives – points of view that haven’t been seen anywhere else.
- Most of the articles on the Progress website are between 500 and 800 words in length. However, we also welcome longer articles that analyse broad trends, rather than specific news topics.
- We particularly want to publish articles on the following areas: Brexit, women’s issues, BME issues, technology, social media, the changing nature of work, housing, immigration, Trump.
- Finally, we are keen to publish positive articles that focus on how the centre-left can address big political issues at home and abroad.